I love this picture of my daughter. Though taken a year and a half ago, it perfectly captures her personality.
I've been going through a few weeks of rough parenting. Especially with this one you see here. This grumpy face is something that's seen way too much around the house lately. A look that is grouchy and malcontent. She tries so hard to do her own thing, and is not very pleased when it doesn't go right. She loves attention, and does not want to wait for everyone else to quiet down to listen.
I know she needs more special time with me. Time spent one-on-one, with me listening intently, paying attention, remarking on the things she does and loves, participating in her songs, dances, and make-believe. I need to meet that need of hers, I can see how drained her love bank seems to be. Please, Lord, let me not forget to set time aside for this little one. Help me, Lord, to meet her needs, to show her love, and support her in the way that she needs. Lord, help me make more room in my life for my little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment