In the peak of the "dog days of summer" I spend hours laboriously remodling the house. While I work, work, work, my poor children spend hours mesmerized, the "babysitter" diverting their attention away from mess-making toys and dirt.
Thursdays are my dragging days. It's the day that the week catches up with me and I'm exhausted. While a nap sounds glorious right now, it just isn't possible. So, instead of labor-intensive activities, I choose to catch up on housework. Stacks of laundry grow on the coffee table, piles of dirt get swept into the trash, the house gets tidied up as much as can be.
After nearly two years of living in this house, I finally put up window coverings in the dining room. I guess we're not too concerned about the neighbors seeing us walk around in our underwear and spying us chomping down our meals. It sure does soften the look of the room, and make it more "homey".
No comments:
Post a Comment