Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

-Psalm 34: 18

Where are you, oh Lord?  My heart breaks and cries out to you.  And all I feel is more dismay, more pain, more defeat.  I long to feel your hope.  I ask and look, but cannot see it.  I reach for you and cannot feel you.  You will fulfill me in a way no one else can but right now I feel empty.  I feel broken.  I feel worthless.

Lord, hear the cry of your child.  Please, give me comfort.  Give me peace.  Give me a solid ground on which to stand.  Help me, oh Lord, to continue on.  To stand strong when I feel like falling.  To continue to lead my children when I feel so lost.  To continue to get out of bed when I just want to close my eyes for years and years.

Hear my cry, oh Lord.

No comments: