A spirit of depression and discontent hangs over me like an umbrella spreading wide to block the thousands of drops of joy that rains down throughout the day. I hear the pattering of joy, as my children laugh, joke, giggle and delight in life. I see others out dancing in their joy-rain with smiles of delight as they saturate their souls with love and contentment. And I watch, in the dry shade. Seeing what I'm missing, but somehow unable to pull down my umprella and tuck it away.
I go through the motions of fun and delight, jumping in life's splashy puddles, but this umbrella lingers, blocking out what I need. It's as if the umbrella is one of those, deep, clear ones that totally surrounds you. You can see all around and appreciate what's going on, without getting a single drop of joy on yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment