Some days I need to stop and remember what my purpose in life is at the moment.
Is it to read all the books I can? Is it to make those around me happy? Is it to do the most amount of things in the smallest amount of time possible? Is it to live in a mess-free house?
Following my primary purpose of living my life for my Lord, my purpose in life at the moment is to Nurture and to Nourish. Funny how these two simple things can get lost in the busyness of life. How I can brush these two things aside in order to get other things done, or tend to business that, really, is not as important.
When my four year old cries out for me to wipe him when I know he can wipe himself, I need to stop, take a deep breath and say to myself, "nurture him, nurture him."
When I'm in the middle of sewing and my two year old begins to plead for a snack, I need to stop the sewing machine and think, "nourish her, nourish her."
Putting off a snuggle in the lap in order to do dishes, grabbing for the easy box of nutritionally void mac 'n cheese instead of a good home-cooked meal are things I struggle with daily. But right now, I just need to remind myself that these little ones' physical, emotional and spiritual well-being depends on me. A spotless house and a sugary snack will not fill those needs. An available mama with open arms, a kind word, and a good healthy meal is what they need.
Nurture and nourish. Nurture and nourish.
Is it to read all the books I can? Is it to make those around me happy? Is it to do the most amount of things in the smallest amount of time possible? Is it to live in a mess-free house?
Following my primary purpose of living my life for my Lord, my purpose in life at the moment is to Nurture and to Nourish. Funny how these two simple things can get lost in the busyness of life. How I can brush these two things aside in order to get other things done, or tend to business that, really, is not as important.
When my four year old cries out for me to wipe him when I know he can wipe himself, I need to stop, take a deep breath and say to myself, "nurture him, nurture him."
When I'm in the middle of sewing and my two year old begins to plead for a snack, I need to stop the sewing machine and think, "nourish her, nourish her."
Putting off a snuggle in the lap in order to do dishes, grabbing for the easy box of nutritionally void mac 'n cheese instead of a good home-cooked meal are things I struggle with daily. But right now, I just need to remind myself that these little ones' physical, emotional and spiritual well-being depends on me. A spotless house and a sugary snack will not fill those needs. An available mama with open arms, a kind word, and a good healthy meal is what they need.
Nurture and nourish. Nurture and nourish.
1 comment:
so true!!! a daily struggle indeed! It's hard to chose the high road, and stick to it!! Lord help us - we need You!!! May we be pleasing to you Jesus! And make You proud!!!
Post a Comment