Have you seen the latest from Hathor? (check the sidebar for a link to her site)
I just don't understand why so many people are grossed out by women breastfeeding in public, and why they feel they need to blame their discomfort with the human body on those of us who believe in growing whole, healthy, emotionally stable children with the nutrition God gave us.
"There is also the option of using a breast pump to express the milk at home, and then using a bottle in public. This way, the child gains all of the benefits of mother's milk while society is spared the sight of a human Playtex nurser. "
Okay, first off, why is it that people, in general, are okay with seeing rubber nipples all over the place, but the real thing is not okay? Since they are constantly comparing nursing with urinating (?), it would be like saying, you can't pee in public, but you catheterize, extract the urine into a bottle, attach a rubber penis and release the urine in this way, publically. Of course I wouldn't want to see this either, since urinating is in a completely different category than breastfeeding, but why is society okay with rubber nipples, cow nipples, but not human flesh nipples?
And don't you DARE say that I am a "human Playtex nurser"!!!!!! Don't you know that the Playtex is an artificial form of ME? I am not some human form of a plastic object!!! What was made first, lady?! If the breast is so "shameful", why was it the part of the body chosen to make milk and nourish our babies? Why not the finger, the ear, the tips of our hair? Wouldn't that be easier? We wouldn't have to even raise our shirts. The breast is the part of the body closest to the heart, the sound of the womb, that's why even bottle-feeding mothers know to hold their babies in their arms, at breast height when feeding.
"At a minimum, they need to be fed. Newborns have a lot of time on their hands since they don't hold down jobs, drive or fret about the state of the world, so eating becomes disproportionately important to them."
Oh my goodness, I don't know if I want to even address this, it's just so ignorant. And if YOU had to double your weight and height in a matter of months in order to continue living, would you call a need to eat often dispraportionate? I call it a God-given SURVIVAL instinct! Babies who lack this "disproportionate" need to eat are called Failure to Thrive babies and can have many health problems, even die, because of it. Ignorant, ignorant woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment