Monday, March 14, 2005

I've lost it

I lost my ability to write. This is one of the main reasons I've been wanting to start a blog. To work more at my writing. I have a writing nature in me. The ability to paint a picture with words, to captivate an audience. Well, at least I did, once upon a time. My dad was an English teacher (MY english teacher, in fact!) and used to write some pretty amazing stuff. I wrote some great stuff in high school, even winning essay and creative writing contests. Then came college. Term papers, research papers, word limits, becoming an editor for the newspaper. Things changed. No longer was I focusing on painting a pretty picture, alliteration, or iambic pentameter. I now was focused on getting to the point. Beginning, middle, end with conclusion. That's it. Say what you need to say, no more, no less. That's what I've become. And with mommy-brain, I say even less, because I can't think of what I even want to say!! So, I'm here. I want to work on my writing. I want to tell of my day, not just of the simple facts, but of the beauties of my days. I want to see the wonder in my children. See things from their view. I want to look at the day and not just see the long list of "to do's", but see the endless possibilities of a cardboard box and a sheet.

1 comment:

WeathertopMama said...

I totally understand (hugs) . Your blog is great! You are still a writer :)